Rockland County Ponders Creation of the Rockland Riverway Trail Along the Majestic Hudson River

Rockland County is considering the establishment of a 21-mile-long Rockland Riverway Trail along its northern and southern borders along the Hudson River. The project, potentially extending to 26 miles with added spurs, aims to offer recreational and scenic opportunities for residents and visitors alike.

Inspired by the surge in outdoor activities during the COVID-19 pandemic, the county plans to fund the trail with approximately $23 million from COVID-related federal aid received through the American Rescue Plan. The project’s feasibility is under review following a public workshop and will incorporate input from the community.

Currently, 70% of the trail meanders through Rockland County’s parks, with the remaining 30% connecting to existing trails and roads while ensuring accessibility under the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Expected to be finalized by December, the project, with consultancy from Toole Design, aligns with the county’s goal of promoting health, well-being, and economic development, making it a potential asset for the community.

- Advertisement -


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Haverstraw Police Arrest 19-Year-Old for Theft of Israeli Flag in Pomona, Charged with Hate Crime

The Haverstraw Police Department has apprehended Mary Cordero, a...

NEW: Kaser Village Launches Passport Service After 15-Year Effort; Involvement of Congressman Mike Lawler Key to Success

In a significant development for local residents, the Village...

Ramapo Begins Inspecting And Stickering Taxis Under New Regulations [PHOTOS]

Ramapo has begun inspecting and stickering the first taxis...

Flatbush Shomrim Member Witnesses Violent Assault During Major Accident On Palisades Parkway {PHOTOS & VIDEOS}

A major multi-vehicle accident on the Palisades Parkway led...